Awaken Your Senses: A Mindful Yoga Retreat
24 - 26. november 2023
@The Yogi Studio, Asker
What does it mean to live mindfully?
Founded in ancient Buddhist practices, modern mindfulness teaches us how to pay attention to the present moment, thus experiencing our lives with more awareness, intention and acceptance.
Throughout the weekend, we will engage in selected activities and proven techniques that will teach us how to bring more mindfulness into our daily lives. We will enjoy meditative nature walks through the Konglungen peninsula and along the Leangbukta marina, and warm ourselves around a crackling bonfire (weather permitting). We'll explore how simple activities and daily tasks, such as eating a meal or repetitive movement, can be opportunities to become more awake and present in our everyday experiences. We'll learn how to harness the qualities of our own breath to reset the nervous system, giving us the power to reduce stress and generate calmness in any situation.
About your host: Emily
Certified Mindful Yoga Instructor, Emily Hoballah, will guide you through the weekend with her nurturing character, soothing voice, and years of experience as a yoga and meditation teacher.
What you can expect
• Learn how to cultivate present-moment awareness to become more content, engaged and awake in your own life.
• Experience the peaceful, grounding qualities of nature in a breathtaking forest and fjord environment.
• Reestablish the body-mind connection through mindful movement, breathing and meditation techniques.
• Learn mindful tools and skills that will help us navigate the holiday season and our daily lives with greater ease and less stress.
Do you ever feel like you go through life on autopilot?
Studies show that the average person spends about 10 years of their life, or approximately 25% of their waking hours, in autopilot, moving and completing tasks automatically, without actually being aware of their thoughts and actions. This weekend retreat will teach us the skills to help us break out of auto-pilot and become more engaged and intentional, and thus satisfied, in our own lives.
According to Dr. Mario Alonso Puig, cultivating a mindfulness practice "increases our efficiency, our ability to be attentive and focused, to understand, to learn, and be more creative. It also keeps us much more calm and balanced when facing challenges. What’s more, it improves interpersonal relationships because it not only develops our ability to empathize with others, but to love and forgive.”
Prices & Details
• 3500 NOK - With 2 nights accommodation in a nearby lodge
• 2500 NOK - "Weekend Pass" Without accommodation
• Accommodation for 2 nights (when selecting accommodation option)
• 2 Breakfasts
• Tea and coffee
• Guided yoga, meditation and activities
What's Not Included:
• Transportation to and from accommodation
• Friday dinner and Saturday lunch and dinner
• Any additional activities (there are numerous restaurants, cafes, shops, saunas, etc in the surrounding area)
What To Bring:
• Comfortable clothing that you can move in easily for yoga and meditation.
• Warm clothing for outdoor activities, such as forest walks and a bonfire.
• Spikes for your shoes! This is Norway in November and there could be snow ☃️
• If you are staying in the provided accommodations, there will be a kitchen, so you can bring your own food to prepare lunch and dinners. There is also a Kiwi supermarket close to the studio where you can buy food to prepare.
• Yoga mats and blankets are provided.
Friday 24. november 2023
17:00 - 18:00 - Arrival & Check-in
19:00 - Opening Ceremony
19:30 - Restorative Yoga - Stress Relief and Relaxation
Evening Gratitude Meditation
Saturday 25. November 2023
8:00 - Joyful Morning Yoga
9:15 - Mindful Breakfast
10:30 - Mindful Group Activity (Nature Walk - Weather Permitting)
13:00 - Lunch (Free Time - Opportunity to explore quaint nearby villages or take advantage of the surrounding nature)
16:00 - Mindful Yoga Flow
16:45 - Mindful Tools (How to Create Mindful Moments in Daily Life & Holiday Gatherings)
18:00 - Gratitude Meditation followed by Dinner (Free Time)
Sunday 26. November 2023
8:00 - Joyful Morning Yoga
9:00 - Closing Ceremony
9:15 - Breakfast
11:00 - Checkout and Departure
Do you have any questions?
Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions or need more information about our upcoming retreat or accommodations. We're here to assist you and ensure that your experience is as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
Whether you're curious about the event schedule, room options, pricing, or any special requests you might have, our dedicated team is ready to provide you with the answers you need. we're committed to making your retreat an unforgettable experience.
You can reach us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org